Reliance Jio started the LTE and data revolution in India which made the regular cellular calling almost free. One of the features of Jio LTE is VoLTE which stands for Voice over LTE (LTE = Long Term Evolution) and basically means that you are actually calling using data network and not cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, etc.). The advantage is better and natural sound quality and drop free connection. However to take this advantage both the caller and callee should have VoLTE enabled phones & service. The data used by calling over VoLTE isn’t charged currently by Jio and it still remains free.
Most of the popular phones now a days supports VoLTE calling. And what could be better than to use it on the top notch hardware, the Apple iPhone. It is much easier to enable VoLTE on an iPhone. Follow these steps,
- Insert Jio SIM on your Apple iPhones.
- Make sure ‘Jio LTE’ is displayed on top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data.
- You should find a section called as ‘JIO’ and three options beneath it.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Calling and enable it.
- Read the disclaimer and select Enable.
- Make a call a VoLTE enabled device and observe the difference yourself
- Insert Jio SIM.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Tap on Enable LTE.
- If Voice & Data is off, tap it to turn on VoLTE.
The VoLTE quality is again dependent on the cellular signal strength as apparently you are still sourcing the data from a remote tower. So at times the voice quality is mix but still better than traditional cellular calling. Do let us know your experience.
9 June 2018 | Mumbai Oath Inc, subsidiary of Verizon Communications has decided to put the curt...
Previously we saw unboxing and setting up the Amazon Echo 2. In this one we will interact with Alexa...
19 June 2018 WhatsApp has been the dominant chat application since it was launched back in 2009. I...
Amazon Inc. came a long way from from being online retailing platform to e-readers to online compu...