Reliance Jio started the LTE and data revolution in India which made the regular cellular calling almost free. One of the features of Jio LTE is VoLTE which stands for Voice over LTE (LTE = Long Term Evolution) and basically means that you are actually calling using data network and not cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, etc.). The advantage is better and natural sound quality and drop free connection. However to take this advantage both the caller and callee should have VoLTE enabled phones & service. The data used by calling over VoLTE isn’t charged currently by Jio and it still remains free.
Most of the popular phones now a days supports VoLTE calling. And what could be better than to use it on the top notch hardware, the Apple iPhone. It is much easier to enable VoLTE on an iPhone. Follow these steps,
- Insert Jio SIM on your Apple iPhones.
- Make sure ‘Jio LTE’ is displayed on top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data.
- You should find a section called as ‘JIO’ and three options beneath it.
- Tap on Wi-Fi Calling and enable it.
- Read the disclaimer and select Enable.
- Make a call a VoLTE enabled device and observe the difference yourself
- Insert Jio SIM.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Tap on Enable LTE.
- If Voice & Data is off, tap it to turn on VoLTE.
The VoLTE quality is again dependent on the cellular signal strength as apparently you are still sourcing the data from a remote tower. So at times the voice quality is mix but still better than traditional cellular calling. Do let us know your experience.
June, 9 2018 | India Amazon unveiled it's new box looking like streaming media player naming it Fi...
I promised you in my previous articles to share some tips and tricks for Apple AirPods based on my...
June 8, 2018 Google recently on their blog published a new feature to let users report spam on thei...
In the era of online shopping Amazon is almost a ubiquitous name. What is more interesting is that i...