In previous installment, we saw unboxing of Amazon Echo 2nd Generation. In one we walk-through initial setup and basic usage of device.
Setting up Amazon Echo 2nd Generation is relatively easy. You however do need a mobile phone or PC and an app called Amazon Alexa to configure the smart speaker. Below are few easy steps to get you up to speed quickly.
- Pull out your mobile phone, goto Play Store or App Store and search for 'Amazon Alexa'.
- Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS 9.0 or higher
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Alternatively you can goto https://alexa.amazon.com to setup the device on your PC.
- Compatible browser includes Safari, Chrome, FireFox, Edge or IE (10 or higher)
- Plug in the Amazon Echo 2nd Gen device to power outlet with provided power adapter and switch it on. The ring on top will turn blue and then orange. When it turn orange it will greet you.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and then select Alexa Devices.
- Tap Add Alexa Device option
- Tap Connect to Wifi and follow on-screen instructions.
- Connect Amazon Echo 2nd Gen to WiFi. The Echo supports dual band WiFi and connect to 2.4/5 GHz networks.Once the prevous step is successful you can speak to Alexa to verify. To do so just say 'Alexa' followed by pause and then 'what is the time'. If it responds you are all set!
Once the Amazon Echo 2nd Gen has been setup, you start throwing following questions or commands. Amazon Echo wakes with the 'wake' word and the wake word by default is Alexa. So everytime anyone of you say 'Alexa' followed by a pause, it would wake up. Try these.
"Alexa, what's up."
"Alexa, tell me a joke."
"Alexa, play bollywood music."
"Alexa, play dil diyan gallan from Neha Bhasin"
"Alexa, tell me a horror story."
"Alexa, tell me the news."
"Alexa, wake me up tomorrow at 6 AM."
"Alexa, cancel alarm."
"Alexa, add milk to my shopping list."
"Alexa, tell me my shopping list."
In next article we will put Alexa through various questions across Music, News, Food, Kindle, etc. and post across video blogs.
Reliance Jio started the LTE and data revolution in India which made the regular cellular calling al...
Recently, it so happened to my friend that he was not able to see any incoming call notification on ...
The Virtual and Augmented Reality is still at its nascent stages but we already have products which...
The Bigger versus the Cheaper has been a perennial dilemma for Apple. Despite the huge marketing hyp...